San José Hall, Galisteo, NM
Constructed around 1905, San José Hall, also known as La Sala de Galisteo, is a prominent local landmark within the village of Galisteo. It has functioned not only as a meeting space for the lay religious organization but later as a site for community dances, performances and family celebrations. In the fall of 2008, La Sala de Galisteo, a non-profit organization, was formed to restore, preserve and maintain the building. The board of the non-profit raised over $90,000 in grants and donations during 2012 and 2014 and completed the majority of the significant repairs. The San Jose Hall is an important example of vernacular architecture in Santa Fe area from over 100 years ago and represents a tradition of vernacular architecture that is rapidly disappearing from New Mexico’s historic districts.